What is Chia and why is it so important to eat everyday?
The chia seeds are from the Aztec culture where the warriors ate it to give them high energy and persistence. They ate 1 spoonful of chia seeds everyday, so it helped them during the day. Actually in the Mayan language Chia means “strength” and it was known as the “runners food”. This food was really a basic nourishment for the Aztec culture.
Chia is a superfood. A lot of vitamins and anti-oxidants can be found in it.
- Omega-3 fatty acids (4915 mg)
- Omega-6 fatty acids (1620 mg)
- Copper (3% RVD)
- Calcium (18% RVD)
- Potassium (1% RVD)
- Zinc (7% RVD )
- Phosphorus (27% RVD)
It also contains essential fatty acids alpha-linolenic and linoleic acid, mucin, strontium, Vitamins A, B, E, and D, and minerals including sulphur, iron, iodine, magnesium, manganese, niacin, thiamine.
There are several skin and body care benefits eating chia every day, for example:
- It is anti-aging since it is rich in anti-oxidants and vitamins.
- Heart Health
- Help treat diabetes
- Digestive health
- Highly boost your energy and your metabolism. You can loose your belly fat by eating chia seeds.
- Lose Weight and you can build stronger muscles
- Fight against breast and cervical cancer. It is rich in alpha lineic acid which is an omega-3 fatty acid
- Stronger bones because it contains a lot of calcium which is just so great for your body
- Dental health
If you don’t want to eat it alone, there are several ways how to create a delicious chia food. Here is mine:
Every ingredient must be from organic/bio sources. This is really important!
– 1 cup yoghurt
– 2tbsp Chia seed
– 1tbsp Quinoa
– 1/2 or 1 tbsp strawberry jam
Add your own favorite jam, I prefer eating it with strawberry jam. It is really delicious and great for breakfast.
- Milk / almond milk / coconut milk
- 2-3 tbsp Chia
- a pinch of whole cane sugar
- vanilla extract
after it’s done and the chia seeds absorbed the milk you can put some jam or chocolate cream on the top of it. Yumm!
The answer is really simple. Every food which is not organic or bio can contain bad ingredients. It is really important and serious question that where they have grown the seeds and what did they use to protect their crops.
Organic farmers are using only garlic, hot pepper or other natural sprays to protect their crops against bugs. And also they do not use fertilizers which are bad because of the material composition. They are using mostly humus which is really rich in vitamins and minerals.
You can also read more about organic farming on the internet. Search for crop-rotaing.
I hope you found this post helpful. It would mean a lot to me if you shared it. 🙂 I appreciate your support, Thank you so much.